Last Update: Aug 2022
This Policy describes the information that we gather on or through the imBee Services, how we use and disclose such information, and the steps we take to protect such information. By visiting the Website, or by purchasing or using the imBee Services, you accept the practices described in this Policy.
In this Policy, “imBee,” “us” and “we” refers to imBee Limited and its affiliates. The “Website” means imBee’s websites (including imBee.io, and related domains and subdomains), and the “imBee Services” means imBee’s customer service platform and related products, applications and services. “Customer Data” means any data or information provided by you in connection with your use of the imBee Services.
Information We Collect And Receive
imBee may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data (“Other Information”) in a variety of ways:
- Customer Data. We collect information about you when you register to use the imBee Services and provide contact information to us via instant messaging, email, mail, or through the imBee Services. This information you provide may include your username, first and last name, email address, mailing address and phone number as well as other information, such as geographic area or preferences. Furthermore, when you purchase the Services, we will also collect transaction information, credit card or other billing information.
All information that is related to a specific identifiable person is considered Personal Data” as further defined in applicable legislation. Since imBee has no direct relationship with the individuals whose Personal Data is processed as part of the Customer Data, the Customer is responsible for compliance with applicable data protection legislation. As part of the Agreement, imBee requires the Customer to enter into a Data Processing Agreement.
- Third-party platforms. You may access or register for the imBee Services through certain third-party sites and platforms and we may collect information when you interact with our advertisements and other content on third-party sites or platforms.
By authorizing us to connect with a third-party platform, you authorize us to access and store your name, email address(es), date of birth, gender, current city, profile picture URL, and other information that the third-party platform makes available to us, and to use and disclose it in accordance with this Policy.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively, “Information”). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as channel setup details, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services
How We Use Information
Customer Data will be used by imBee in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. imBee is a processor of Customer Data and Customer is the controller. Customer may, for example, use the Services to grant and remove access to a channel, assign roles and configure settings, access, modify, export, share and remove Customer Data and otherwise apply its policies to the Services.
We never sell your data to anyone for any purpose. We use your information in the following ways:
- Operations. The information we collect is used to operate, maintain, optimize, improve and provide the imBee Service, to provide service and information to you and to provide customer support. Furthermore, we use information to control unauthorized use or abuse of the imBee Services, or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal. Your Customer Data is processed only in accordance with instructions.
- Communications. We use data to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, to address intellectual property infringement, privacy violations or defamation issues related to the Customer Data or Personal Data posted on the imBee Service or with newsletters, updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. Your opt-out options for promotional communications are described below under “Your Choices.”
- Development. Information is used to analyze usage trends and preferences, administer or optimize the imBee Services, monitor usage or traffic patterns (including to track users’ movements around the imBee Services) and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole in order to improve the imBee Services, and to develop new products, services, feature, and functionality.
imBee does not own, control or direct the use of any of the Customer Data stored or processed by a Customer or user via the imBee Services. imBee is largely unaware of what Customer Data is actually being stored or made available by a Customer to the imBee Service and does not directly access such Customer Data unless authorized by the Customer, or as necessary to provide the imBee Services to the Customer and its customers/ users.
imBee is not responsible for the content of the Personal Data contained in the Customer Data or other information stored on its servers or its subcontractors’ servers at the discretion of the Customer nor is imBee responsible for the manner in which the Customer collects, handles, distributes or otherwise processes such information.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the Personal Data in our possession.
This includes, for example, firewalls, password protection and other access and authentication controls. We use SSL technology to encrypt data during transmission through public internet, and we also employ application-layer security features to further anonymize Personal Data.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If you believe your Personal Data has been compromised, please contact us as set forth in the “Contacting imBee” section.
If we learn of a security systems breach, we will inform you and the authorities of the occurrence of the breach in accordance with applicable law.
As stated in our Terms of Service/ the Agreement, the imBee Services are not for children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 18 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not use or access the imBee Services. Should we learn that Personal Data has been collected through the imBee Services from children under 18 years of age without verifiable parental consent, we will seek to delete this information.
To the extent that a minor has posted content on the imBee Services which is available for a group of people, the minor has the right to have this content deleted or removed using options described in this Policy. Even though we will do our outmost to permanently remove content, we cannot guarantee the deletion will be complete.
Identifying The Data Controller And Processor
Data protection law in certain jurisdictions differentiates between the “controller” and “processor” of information. In general, Customer is the controller of Customer Data. In general, imBee is the processor of Customer Data and the controller of Other Information. Different imBee entities provide the Services in different parts of the world. imBee Inc., a SaaS company based in Hong Kong, is the controller of Other Information and a processor of Customer Data relating to Authorised Users who use Workspaces established for Customers in and outside of Hong Kong.
Individuals located in certain countries have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. You can usually do this using the settings and tools provided in your Services account.
To the extent that imBee’s processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, imBee relies on its legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. imBee may also process Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, and you have a right to object to imBee’s use of your Personal Data for this purpose at any time.
- Access and Updates. We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the Personal Data that you may have provided through your use of the imBee Services. You may access, review, correct, update, change or delete your information at any time by contacting us. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required.
- You may update, correct, or delete your Account information and preferences at any time by accessing your Account settings page. Please note that we may store information for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, due to legal obligations, or if we believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
- Opt-out. We will not send you any commercial information unless you at a previous point have actively agreed to such. If you receive commercial emails from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email or by contacting us. It may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your request.
We may provide you with the opportunity to “opt-out” of having Personal Data stored at imBee. If you decide to opt-out, we may not be able to provide certain features of the imBee Services to you.
- Since imBee has no direct relationship with the Customers’ users/customers, a person who seeks access to, or wants to correct or delete inaccurate data or withdraw consent for further contact must contact the Customer directly. We will delete, amend or block access to any Personal Data that we are storing only if we receive a written request to do so from the Customer who is responsible for such Personal Data, unless we have a legal right to retain such Personal Data. We reserve the right to retain a copy of such data for archiving purposes, or to defend our rights in litigation.
- Cookies. You can remove or block certain cookies using the settings in your browser but the imBee Services may cease to function properly if you do so.
Data Protection Authority
Subject to applicable law, you also have the right to (i) restrict imBee’s use of Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority or Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, Hong Kong. If you are a Hong Kong resident and believe we maintain your Personal Data within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints to our lead supervisory authority:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data
Block D, 6/F, Wah Hing Industrial Mansions, 36 Tai Yau Street, San Po Kong, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
Phone: +852 2827 2827
Fax: +852 2877 7026
For Customers and Authorised Users who use Workspaces established for Customers in Hong Kong:
Block D, 6/F Wah Hing Industrial Mansion,
36 Tai Yau St., San Po Kong,